Home Forums Legacy SDKs Qt creator

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pascal
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I am trying to realize gaze tracking, using Tobii X1 Light, on Qt Creator, but I am completely blocked.
    I do not know if there is simple function to recuperate coordinates on the screen ?

Anders
    Participant

Hi pascal,
    just to be sure that I got the question right: is the problem that you haven’t found a way to map from normalized coordinates (0,0)-(1,1) to Qt pixel coordinates?

And I reckon you’re using the Analytics SDK, is that correct?

pascal
    Participant

Hi Anders,

Thanks for your answer.
    Yes I am using the Tobii Analytics Sdk 3.0.83 on Windows X64.
    I want to recuperate the coordinates of my gaze on the screen, in Qt, and realize a comparison with some data.
    Do you understand my question ?

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi pascal,

Thanks for the additional explanation. I’ll notify someone responsible for the Analytics SDK to take a look at this.

/Jenny

pascal
    Participant

Do you have some news about my issue ?

Anders
    Participant

Hi pascal,
    have you looked at the QtEyeTracking sample in the cpp/samples directory in the SDK package? It demonstrates how the environment can be set up for Qt. (Which is a bit tricky: make sure to read the README first.)

But it doesn’t do any eye tracking, only calibration, and the calibration is run in full screen mode. So the question of how to map between window coordinates and normalized coordinates remains unanswered. I’m no Qt expert but I found this on SO. What you need to do is to find the dimensions of the screen, multiply those with the normalized coordinates to get a point in screen pixels, and finally map those coordinates into your window by subtracting geometry().x() and y() — if I understood the Qt docs correctly.

pascal
    Participant

Hi Anders,
    Thanks for your answer.
    But I found a solution with the Tobii Gaze SDK. And I finally worked on Visual Studio, because as you said, it is easier to work with this software.
    So thank you for your help.
    Have a nice day,

Pascal

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.