Home Forums Software Development Setting up 4C trouble

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    matt s
    Participant

Hi,

I just recently got a 4c, and I’m trying to get it going with the SDK. I’m having trouble getting the Console Application to work: https://tobii.github.io/CoreSDK/articles/getting_started.html. The application compiles and runs, and then I get the message that the program “has stopped working”. Some details:

1) I’m running on Visual Studio Community 2017 on Windows 10 (actually on parallels desktop on my Mac).
    2) can’t seem to actually find Tobii Core SDK on Nuget. Instead I installed Tobii.EyeX.Client, Tobii.EyeX.Framework, Tobii.Interaction, Tobii.StreamEngine, Tobii.StreamEngine.Native
    3) the code all compiles, and when I insert some breakpoints, I can see that host.Streams has ConnectionState: Connected, IsClosed: false, IsInvalid: false — all of which seems good to me
    4) the error message doesn’t tell me much: sometimes it exits with code 0, sometimes -532326312 — not giving me much.
    5) the tobii desktop app works fine with the asteroid games, but when I select “gaze trace”, I get a popup error: “Device creation in OUTPUTMANAGER failed” — I only bring this up because maybe symptomatic of a deeper problem.

Let me know if you can help out or if you need more information!

Best,
    Matt

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @smatt989, whilst the errors you report are not familiar, I can at least advice you try firstly on Visual Studio 2015 as I also experienced some issues with Nuget running VS 2017. Try this out first and let us know how you get on.

I should add that running the Core SDK via Parallels is not something we officially support either.. is there a chance to test he same setup on a Windows Box to see if that is where the issue lies?

Certainly, the “has stopped working” errors are rather vague and consider the simplicity of the program being run, it seems likely the issue lies at a basic level of configuration or environment.

In any event, I will check around with some of the developers in case they have also came up against such problems and whether they have used Parallels successfully with VS2017.

marcus
    Participant

I got the “Device creation in OUTPUTMANAGER failed” error also. No SDK, just installed the consumer software/drivers.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @marcushelgesson, thanks for the info.. could you kindly describe your environment? Was it on Parallels also? Cheers!

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

Please try installing Tobii Streaming Gaze Overlay – https://gaming.tobii.com/getstarted/?bundle=streaming-overlay and check if that works.

The fix for “Device creation in OUTPUTMANAGER failed” will be in the next software update.

Miles Bardon
    Participant

I’ve also had the same errors, running on VS2017 Enterprise. The other Tobii applications work fine for me but the code keeps crashing. I have also noticed the absence of the “CoreSDK” from NuGet and it seems like a lot of the tutorial code is out of date, as it seems to have been moved over to the Interaction engine. Is there a chance of this being updated?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @milesb, could you kindly confirm if you receive the same issue on VS2015? It would be useful to know if this indeed is where the issue originates as I also has problems with VS2017. Thanks.

Miles Bardon
    Participant

The same issue occurs in VS2015, I get this error in the output box: The program ‘[16480] TobiiConsoleTest.vshost.exe’ has exited with code -1073610751 (0xc0020001).
    Stepping through gives the same results as before – all flags are as they should be but it just crashes after trying to retrieve coordinates.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks @milesb, certainly that error code is rather vague and searching around didn’t produce much useful information, although
    directx was named as a culprit in a number of instances. Worth updating this and graphic card drivers just in case.

I also found a thread that may be relevant related to removing the entry point from the managed DLL’s

Full instructions can be found @ https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11835748/0xc0020001-the-string-binding-is-invalid-only-occurring-in-wpf

To be clear, you get this error running the supplied sample programs unmodified?

Miles Bardon
    Participant

The supplied sample programs run perfectly fine, I was referring to the tutorial to write the code yourself found at https://tobii.github.io/CoreSDK/articles/getting_started.html

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @milesb, @smatt989, indeed the code on the getting started page needs to be updated, apologies for the inconvenience.

With reference to running a basic console application, the following updated code should work.

using Tobii.Interaction;

// ...

static void Main(string[] args)
    {
          var host = new Host();
          var gazePointDataStream = host.Streams.CreateGazePointDataStream();
          gazePointDataStream.GazePoint((x, y, time) => Console.WriteLine("X:{0} Y:{1}", x, y));
          Console.ReadKey();
    }

// ...

Please let us know how you get on with this sample.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.