Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Status of ASMEdia support for EyeX

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Theo
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I was about to order the EyeX when I saw that there have been problems with the ASMEdia usb 3.0 controller, which I have in my motherboard (I have an AMD FX cpu).

However it seems that some solutions have been found, such as: http://developer.tobii.com/using-eyex-controller-with-asmedia-xhci-controller/

Also some people on another thread could make it work with this usb controller. But those information date from more than a year ago.

So before ordering I wanted to ask what is the status of this now. Is there a way to make it work with the ASMEdia controller? If I buy it, am I gonna be able to make it work (if not out of the box with some driver/firmware updates)?

Thanks guys 🙂
    Cheers

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Theo,

Unfortunately there is still no solution for ASMedia:
    http://www.tobii.com/xperience/support/faq/tobii-eyex–asmedia-usb-3.0-controller/

Theo
    Participant

Thanks Jenny. Too bad… 🙁

Alex
    Participant

i just got my EYEX today (had to pay customs and everything) and I also have the ASMedia board and it’s not working, should have read the posts before I did, but who knew to look for something like that =(

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @araneus, sorry to hear about your troubles. We have been in contact with them and informed them of the issue so unfortunately, the problem is out of our hands for now.

I hope you managed to find some solution for your needs.

Alex
    Participant

Yeah well to solve my issues i had to buy an external PCI-E USB 3 controller and it’s working fine.
    hope that the issue will be fixed soon.

Theo
    Participant

Just as a quick update after a few month of use: it’s working for me on my asmedia usb 3.0 controller. FYI my motherboard is an Asus M5A99FX PRO.

The only problem is that when not in use (e.g. idle on desktop), the eyeX will disconnect (to reactivate it I have to unplug and replug it again). However when playing there are absolutely no problems for me with the controller.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback Theo, will pass along to the developers.

Daniel
    Participant

Did anyone managed to set up the EyeX with an ASUS P8H67 M-Pro with Asmedia 1042 USB controller?

Jin666
    Participant

Just to let you know..Prior to this, I connected my Steelseries sentry Eye tracker with USB3.0 and was having problem with intermittent connection lost issue and software installations even after updating latest USB 3.0 controller driver..I had to disconnect and reconnect back to solve the issue.
    The sales guy where I bought the Eye tracker advised me against using the USB3.1 when referring to him about my problems but I decided to connect anyway my Eye tracker with the newer on-board Asmedia USB3.1 (driver version 1.16.33.1) on my Asus Z170-K motherboard..it works flawlessly.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback @Jin666, hopefully some users will find this useful.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.