Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Eye tracker 4c Disconnecting after a few minutes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Hi guys,

Eyetracking and headtracking works well in my games with no issues, but disconnects with no error messages. Lights go out on the 4c and I have to reboot to get it to reconnect.

Bottom line I can play games but only for a few minutes before it disconnects.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any reply.

Dan

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @bookergrimm, Sorry to hear about your issues.

I would firstly ensure that your BIOS is running the latest version and that the USB chipset drivers are similarly updated.
    Check additionally the power settings on your computer are set for full performance and that within the device manager under USB devices that the option to save power is disabled.

It would also help if you could describe the physical setup you have (ie which system, use of a USB hub, etc). Thanks.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @bookergrimm, I was wondering if there has been any progress on your issue since our last communication? Many thanks for the update.

Dan
    Participant

This still keeps happening. I can play for about 20 minutes and it will disconnect.
    Windows 10 reports that I have the latest drivers and can confirm that my computer is set for full performance. The Eye tracker is connected by the extension lead supplied to the rear usb of my desktop PC.

I’m at a loss as to why it’s happening.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @bookergrimm, sorry to hear that the problems persist.. would be good to know the specs of your hardware especially motherboard, USB Chipset, etc…

It’s a long shot, but perhaps try without the extension cable just to test. Did you try other USB Ports? Which other devices do you have connected?

Patrick M Rowley
    Participant

I’ve been having that issue as well. Everything updated, on an ASUS MAximus VIII Hero motherboard. No extension cable.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @pmrowley, can you kindly confirm which Games this is affecting? It may be that certain games are overly aggressive with CPU use that is causing disconnect. I asssume when using the device for Interaction purposed (ie Windows Control) then all operates normally? We are trying to compile a matrix of affected titles… Many thanks for your input.

Magnus Stenborg
    Participant

I’ve been having the same problem lately in FC5 after an hour or two or sometimes three. Usually it makes the whole system to freeze and I have to do a hard reset. But the disconnect sound from windows always plays just before it happens and the eyetracker go dark.

Sometimes the eyetracker just disconnect and I can pull out the USB cable and put it back in and the tracker starts and connect again.
    After I do this the problem occurs again after 15 minutes to 1h.

When this happens the eyetracker feels kinda hot.

Asus Crosshair VI hero
    AMD 1800X
    Evga 1080Ti
    G.skill trident DDR4 3000Mhz 15CL.
    No USB extension.
    Bios and all drivers updated.

Magnus Stenborg
    Participant

Disabled corsair unity engine and it seems to solve the problem for me. No freeze or disconnect in several hours.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @notoboil, that’s really useful information thanks, I will pass along to the developers to see if we can possibly fix. Is the disabling of the Corasir Utility Engine in the meantime preventing some functionality on your system? Would be good to know how useful this workaround is. Might also be useful to see if the Motherboard manufactures own forum are aware of the issue. Thanks.

Magnus Stenborg
    Participant

Not really. I only use corsair unity engine to controll the keyboards RGB lights. But I can store the settings in the keyboards internal memory so there is no need to have the program running in the background all the time anyway.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @notoboil, Okay thanks for the update.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @bookergrimm, @pmrowley, may I ask if you have also installed the Corsair Utility Engine? If so, can you kindly disable and report any change in connectivity issues? Many thanks.

Nathan Kresse
    Participant

I can verify this has occurred to me as well – I’m running an ASUS ROG AMD Ryzen 1600X 4.0 Mhz w/Samsung m.2 960 EVO 500gb SSD, with a Corsair headset link and H80i V2 cooling system. It’d probably be easier to send an analytics file to see what my computer runs, but after I shut down iCUE (Corsair Utility Engine), disconnected and reconnected the Tobii device, it came back to life. Like others have said, I had to restart to get it to play nice, and even uninstalled/reinstalled the software. So I’m thinking it’s a conflict with iCUE. FYI, running latest version of Tobii at 2.13.4 and I was on version 3.8.91 with iCUE, now updated to 3.10.125.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @marid, thanks for your feedback and system specifications, much appreciated. I will pass along your information to the developers and PM should they wish further details information. In the meantime, hopefully the workaround you have specified to reinstate connection is sufficient until such times as we can attempt to resolve the problem directly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.