Home Forums Software Development Blinking Rate with Eye-Tracker 4c

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I’m currently working on a WPF application using eye tracker 4C. I cannot find a proper documentation, since the related page on github is no more available.
    I would like to ask if it is possible somehow to obtain the blinking rate of the user. Furthermore, is it possible to detect when the gaze leaves the screen without looking explicitly at the coordinates?

Thanks in advance!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @simmys and thanks for your query. I am afraid that the Core SDK (nor our other offerings) have a blink detection algorithm implemented, meaning this is something you will have to create manually using a combination of validity filters and timing loop (<400ms).

We do have further samples which might help you get started quicker available @ https://github.com/tobiitech/core-sdk-docs

In terms of gaze leaving the screen, the un-normalised coordinator (0,0 -> 1,1) will be outside the range both in the negative and positive if the user looks outside the screen, but eyes are still ‘trackable’ to a detection algorithm within your program should resolve that.

Please let us know if we can provide any further information. Best wishes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.