Home Forums Software Development Can I use the default calibration for my .NET EyeX SDK app?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keiichi Takahashi
    Participant

For my study, I’m developing an application modifying MinimalGazeDataStream which is included in Tobii EyeX SDK for .NET 0.32. From the mentions on this forum, I understood that the EyeX SDK doesn’t have any calibration features (I should use the Gaze SDK instead of the EyeX SDK).

Tobii offers the (default?) calibration application which can startup by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + F9 keys at once. Does the calibration have any effect on my application?

I tried this. But the offset, which was about 30 to 70 pixels, seemed to remain… I think the offset value is equivalent of one degree in viewing angle. Is this the limit of the EyeX Controller and its Engine?

Keiichi Takahashi
    Participant

I could solve this problem. Thanks. The calibration result done by the Tobii EyeX Settings works fine with my developing app. In the binocular mode the offset was around 50 pixels, but in the monocular mode, especially with my dominant(right) eye the offset decreased around 10 to 20 pixels. The offset is almost appropriate for me.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Great that you found the setting for monocular mode.

For your information: The EyeX Controller firmware and algorithms are under development and there are more updates to come that will improve accuracy, precision and tracking robustness even more.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.