Home Forums Software Development Can't get SDK Unity to work, after installing Windows 10! Please help!

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Peter Olthof
    Participant

Dear Tobii,

I haven’t been able to work on my projects for several days now, because I just can’t get it to work on Unity. I have tried the EyeX SDK version 1.4 aswell as 1.5 and tried on Unity version 5.1.3f1 and 5.0.3f2, but no luck, I keep getting the message:

EyeX initialization failed because the client access library 'Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll' could not be loaded. Please make sure that it is present in the Unity project directory. You can find it in the SDK package, in the lib/x86 directory. (Currently only Windows is supported.)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)

the DLL is in my root folder, and I’ve tried everything, but it just won’t work. I’m at the point of pulling out my hair, so I would love to get some help here!

Thanks in advance!

Wenbin Guo
    Participant

Yes, I also had the same problem after Windows update yesterday. Help!

Peter Olthof
    Participant

For me I have already drastically removed Windows 10 and installed Windows 8.1 again, so the EyeX works again. I know Windows 10 is unstable, though it would still be a good thing to look into why it’s working. By the way, the standalone apps that uses EyeX dlls do work, it’s just the SDK that won’t work.

Peter Olthof
    Participant

Now after installing Windows 8.1 again, all my old projects with EyeX and new ones don’t seem to work anymore. Please any answer or solution would be appreciated! I get these errors…. even with the sdk standard download, which should be working on Unity 5 right?

Multiple plugins with the same name 'tobii.eyex.client' (found at 'Assets/Standard Assets/EyeXFramework/lib/x64/Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll' and 'Assets/Standard Assets/EyeXFramework/lib/x86/Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll'). That means one or more plugins are set to be compatible with Editor. Only one plugin at the time can be used by Editor.

EyeX initialization failed because the client access library 'Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll' could not be loaded. Please make sure that it is present in the Unity project directory. You can find it in the SDK package, in the lib/x86 directory. (Currently only Windows is supported.)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    EyeXHost:InitializeEyeX() (at Assets/Standard Assets/EyeXFramework/EyeXHost.cs:399)
    EyeXHost:Start() (at Assets/Standard Assets/EyeXFramework/EyeXHost.cs:188)
    MenuItemCalibrate:Start() (at Assets/MenuItemCalibrate.cs:32)
    Peter Olthof
    Participant

It seams as though I’m talking to myself here and the forums are rather dead, which is a shame. So now I’m so frustrated…

I managed to get it to work on Unity 4.6, though Unity 5 64bit doesn’t work.
    The EyeXClientLibraryDeployer script does what it should do, and takes the 64bit dll of tobii.eyex,client.dll to the project root folder, but still the message of DLLNotFoundException is shown.

catch (DllNotFoundException)
    {
    #if UNITY_EDITOR
    Debug.LogError(“EyeX initialization failed because the client access library ‘Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll’ could not be loaded. ” +
    “Please make sure that it is present in the Unity project directory. ” +
    “You can find it in the SDK package, in the lib/x86 directory. (Currently only Windows is supported.)”);

It would be nice to get an answer any time soon, this whole problem with 64bit detection makes me unable to work 🙁

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Since you were posting these questions during the weekend, I’m just going to assume that you were frustrated that there were no fellow peer to help you out. Tobii staff are only covering the forums during office hours (CET). I try to review the developer-specific topics about once a week but that is not always feasible.

We are able to run the EyeX demo scenes without any problems with the following:
    – EyeX SDK for Unity 1.5.466
    – Unity 5.1.0f3
    – Windows 8.1 and Windows 10

When everything is copied and built correctly, the 32 bit version of Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll should be in the Assets/Plugins/x86 folder, and the 64 bit version should be in the Assets/Plugins/x86_64 folder. (See http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PluginsForDesktop.html). Can you check that this is the case? (What tool are you using to check the bitness of the dll? I use the Visual Studio native tools command prompt, and from the folder containing the dll, I run dumpbin /headers Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll | find "machine").

Peter Olthof
    Participant

My apologies for my frustration. it was misplaced towards these boards. I was just pretty lost. It seems somehow that the issue resolved itself after some more updates on Windows 8.1

I have no idea now what caused the error, but it’s working again. Thank you for your help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.