Home Forums Software Development Creators update screwed up windows hello on my 4c

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Loren
    Participant

after installing creators update today, my 4c no longer works with windows hello. It was working fine prior to the update. Afterwards, every time I boot up it gives me a runtime error. I could get past the runtime error, enter my PIN and get into windows, but I wanted to use windows hello. I tried a fresh install of windows off of a USB drive with the creators update already loaded and now when I try to turn on windows hello, it tries during which time the center lights on my 4c light up, then it says something went wrong, unable to start the camera. Game functions work fine, it’s just windows hello that crapped out. Also, I checked the privacy settings on the camera and they are fine.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @klpippin, sorry to hear about your issues. We are trying to reproduce the issue here in house and will keep you posted. Thanks for your patience.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @klpippin, we have been able to reproduce the issue and have now logged the incidence for
    developer review.

Please check back at developer.tobii.com for future software updates.

Loren
    Participant

Thanks for the reply!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @klpippin, Just an update on this issue for your interest.

The problem has been identified as due to an general issue within Windows , not related to the Tobii software.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro4-surfsec/windows-hello-not-working-after-fall-creators/641620b1-1d39-4623-835e-45d618982c4f?auth=1

Accordingly, we are awaiting resolution from Microsoft. Hopefully this should get sorted out soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.