Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Does the Tobii EyeX Controller work with glasses

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bouven
    Participant

From my previous experience with other eye tracking devices I know that it varies how well they work with glasses.

How does the EyeX Controller work with glasses?

Anders
    Participant

Hi bouven,

the EyeX Controller works well with glasses and contacts. Work on the EyeX Controller is still in progress and the technical specs aren’t finalized yet, but from what we have seen so far, the tracking robustness of the EyeX Controller is on par with other Tobii eye trackers. That is, it works for almost anyone.

Guillaume Spalla
    Participant

Dear all,

This is a old post, but I was wondering if the precision of the gaze-tracking is the same with all type of glasses? I am mainly wondering if glasses with progressive lenses could have an influence.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Guillaume

Eddie Yasi
    Participant

I have the same question as Guillaume. I’m very tempted to get an eyex controller but I have progressive lenses too. I saw in another post that one of the tobii staff mentioned it could have trouble with bifocals, and I was wondering if having progressive lenses that gradually change lens power would be better or worse than bifocals?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @karmamule,

In fact with progressive lenses, it should be fine to track so long as reflectivity isn’t too high which varies
    from make to make.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.