Home Forums Software Development EyeX Framework has a null event source?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Grant Stockly
    Participant

I am trying to use the EyeX .NET SDK with LabView. There is a known issue where LabView will not respond to an event if either the source or event data is null.

I can use the Gaze .NET SDK with no problems, but I want access to the fixation data stream. What is different with the EyeX and Gaze SDKs that would change the way events are raised? Is there an easy way of modifying them to behave the same? It would help me out a lot if I could get the SDK to work.

Thanks!

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Grant,

The EyeX Framework is provided with full source code in the SDK package. You can make it work with LabView by a minor change of the event creation implementation. The data stream events are created with a null source value because of the null source value provided by the EyeXHost in the method HandleDataStreamEvent:
    stream.HandleEvent(null, event_);

By providing a non-null object here you would get events created with a non-null source and should be able to handle the events in LabView.

This change would result in non-null source values for all kinds of EyeX data streams.

I will also take this issue as feedback on the EyeX Framework to consider for future improvements.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.