Home Forums Software Development EyeX Windows Interaction

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Malmushwer
    Participant

I just received my EyeEx and was able to finally set it up on win 7 64bits.
    I was able to calibrate it and do the tutorial. However, the applicaten provided does not seem to allow for mouse control in wondows.
    I’m wondering if it is possible to use it to control the mouse pointer instead of the mouse at this point in time.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Malmushwer,

Great to hear that you got your EyeX Controller up and running. The EyeX Interaction (alpha) provided with the software package includes the very useful Direct Click as well as other features for manipulation of the mouse pointer, such as Touch Warp. Mouse Warp and Mouse Clone. There is no ambition from our side to replace mouse interaction completely, but since it is a development kit we encourage developers to experiment with other kinds of mouse pointer manipulation. If you’re not a developer yourself, you can take a look at the Community projects forum to see what other developers have created. And if you have feedback on the EyeX Interaction software, please use the Send Feedback button in the EyeX Settings panel.

Malmushwer
    Participant

Glad to hear from you, Robert.

I got to say I’m amazingly impressed with what I have experienced with the kit so far. I can see the boundless potential for this technology.

One of the reasons I decided to get the EyeEx is to explore the potential of the technology in developing banking and financial industry applications. At this point in time, I am aiming to use the EyeEx to control the mouse pointer within Windows.

Since I developed a shoulder injury a year ago I ago, I am eager to give my shoulder some rest. Therefore, my main question is: would I be able to control the mouse pointer to navigate Windows files, folders and applications using the provided software or will I have to use a third-party application (perhaps develop it myself).

Please note that I was able to do the calibration and tutorial but have not been able to control the mouse pointer in Windows using the EyeEx.

I highly appreciate your support and feedback.

Masta Lomaster
    Participant

Hi, take a look at this software, I wrote it for a collegue with the ALS:
    https://github.com/MastaLomaster/bkb
    You may control the mouse with eyes, scroll with eyes, type with eyes using integrated virtual keyboard.
    More information is in the webpage (English description is at the bottom of the page, scroll down).
    Will put more info into “community project” forum soon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.