Home Forums Software Development Firmware won't update?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve Humphries
    Participant

Hello,

I have a Tobii Eye Tracker 4C on my PC presently. I was running SDK 2.8.0 and a recent update for the core software appeared which I promptly installed. This upgraded my version to 2.9.0

But, on finishing the installation, the Tobii software then informed me that there was a firmware update available. But, this will not install. Instead, my taskbar icon is continually spinning and the software permanently says “Updating firmware…”

I have tried unplugging and reconnecting the device, numerous restarts, quitting the app and restarting. But all to no avail.

At present I can no longer use the Eye Tracker as it will not allow me to stop the firmware updating process. The software always tries to restart the firmware install every time I reboot or connect the device.

Any help much appreciated.

Kind regards

Steve

Steve Humphries
    Participant

Hello,

So… I completely uninstalled the Tobii software using Windows10 [Programs and Features] dialog.
    Completely deleted the /Program Files (x86)/Tobii folder from my PC
    Unplugged the Eye Tracker HW
    Rebooted my PC
    Connected the Eye Tracker HW
    Installed ‘Tobii_Eye_Tracking_Core_v2.9.0.6265_x86.exe’
    The desktop app then said “Updating firmware…”
    And a few seconds later it finally said “Connecting…”

And it now seems to work

So, it seems upgrading to the latest SDK over an existing install got a little bit confused.

Anyways, I back up and running after a few hours of downtime

Regards

Steve

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @stevehumphries, sorry to hear about your issues but thank you for posting the solution in the end! Hopefully it will be of use to anyone facing similar difficulties.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.