Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Frame drops in some games with Eye Tracker 4c

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Johannes
    Participant

For the first, Tobii is a very important device for me because i have a body disabiliy. But with Tobii i can play many games in combination with Eye Tracker tools.

But in some games i have frame drops When Eye Tracker is activated. The issue is weird, because games how Gears 5, Man of Medan, Metro Exodus or Desintegraion runs absolute smooth, and other games with native Tobii support like AC Odyssey or The Division 2 have frame drops with Tobii. When Tobii is off, then AC Odyssey runs also smooth respectively all my games runs great without Tobii.

Admittedly, my pc has a strong graphic card (2070 Super) and enough RAM 32 GB) but my cpu is not more the newest (AMD Phenom FX 8120 Eightcore 3,1 GHz).

Is this a reason for the frame drops? When yes, then that’s strange. How as said, Gears 5 or also Shadow of the Tomb Raider and even other games runs great on max details with activated Eye Tracker. Is only my cpu the problem (i will soon switch mY cpu) or i need other settings in my graphic driver? (Is up to date). Can it help when i change the priority of TobiiService.exe in Taskmanager or other tricks to push the performance with Tobii?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @onsche, thanks for your report. Whilst we investigate in further detail the details of your message, could you please confirm in those titles where frames are lost, if you can disable head tracking? This can be quite CPU consuming, so that is worth to see if there is the option to disable this in game.

Certainly, it’s worth ensuring you have the latest Graphics Drivers are performance enhancements are usually forthcoming. We will keep looking into this in the meantime, thanks for your patience.

Johannes
    Participant

The frame drops are in games like The Division 2, F1 2020, AC Odyssey or Warhammer Vermintide 2. I use no head tracking, only eye tracking. My Drivers are all up to date. How as i said, when tobii is off, the frame drops are gone.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @onsche, can you confirm if you tried to disable headtracking within the ingame options please?

Johannes
    Participant

Head tracking is always deactivated in my games. This is the first option I always look for.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. I will investigate to see what other advice we can provide to alleviate the frame dropping. Naturally, it might be beneficial in the meantime to try disabling processer intensive applications especially antivirus software to observe if this has any impact.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @onsche, increasing the priority of the Game itself (Rather than the Tobii Service) may help to alleviate frame drops.. did you try this already?

Regarding different performance across titles, this can relate to certain components shared between Tobii and the Game manufacturers that we try to maintain constantly.
    In the past, software issues were identified with head tracking remaining enabled despite being disabled within the game settings. The resolution was for the game developer to update the Tobii component of the game, which unfortunately is not something we can actively control. It may be worth therefore posting on the game developers own forum about this issue to see if they can patch the problem for a future update.

As you mentioned, your CPU is rather old (2012) so is not ideally positioned to handle the latest titles in conjunction with Tobii Tracking. Did you already upgrade the hardware?

Thanks for your patience whilst we try to investigate any further options. Best Wishes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.