Home Forums Legacy SDKs Gaze angles

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dieter Merkel
    Participant

Hi,

i’m want to get the angles of my gaze point. I’m trying to calculate the angles with the help of the eye position and the eye gaze point but it didn’t work right now.

Is there a function which i could use to read the angles? Or can anyone help me with the math stuff?

PS: i’m working with Unity3D

Best
    Dieter

Anders
    Participant

Hi Dieter, just to make sure: you’re using the EyeX SDK for Unity, right?

If you do I’m sorry to say that there is no straightforward way to find the angles just yet. You would need the eye positions and the gaze point, both in space coordinates, but currently there is only the eye positions. We’re planning to provide the gaze point in space too, so if you have the patience it should be available in a few weeks’ time.

If you’d rather get started right now you can download the EyeX SDK for .NET and look at how to read engine states. You can use that to find the screen geometry and calculate the gaze point in space yourself, and from there it’s relatively easy to compute the angles.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Update: In EyeX SDK for Unity 0.24 that was released last week, there is an example of how to get the gaze point in the same 3D coordinate system as the eye position coordinates.

You can use this example together with Vector3.Angle to calculate the angle between the gaze vector(s) and the normal vector of the screen.

Dieter Merkel
    Participant

Great News, thank you! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.