Home Forums Software Development GAZE SDK for Android

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    alessandro
    Participant

Hello guys,
    I have a Tobii REX for developers and I use Android Studio 2.1.2 to develop Android APPS. I need to integrate the use of Tobii into an Android App.
    So I connected the USB cable (through a female-female adaptor) to the microusb port of my Android mobile phone. Then I looked for an SDK to program the Android app and found and downloaded the TobiiHIDDriver_2.0.2….apk and installed into my Android phone, but when connecting the Tobii and started the driver nothing happened.
    It’s strange to get an apk when I need a library folder, such as a jar, or a java-android project to import into my Android Studio to work with it.
    I expected a library to import into Android Studio and an explainations of a series of functions and methods in java to recall the methods of the library. But no library and no function list, just a silent driver.
    What am I missing? Thanks to everybody.

alessandro
    Participant

Ok guys it was my error, because the Tobii team sent me the libraries for Android.

Now I have my example android app (compiled with the libraries) and my driver for 64 bit Android Platform installed. I connect the Tobii rex with my Android Smartphone through an USB adaptor, but when I look for the Tobii within the app (the app the Tobii team sent me with the libraries), nothing happens.

What am I missing? Do I need root permissions?

Thank you!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @alessandro,

As you were probably informed, the REX is deprecated hardware and the Android platform in no longer supported on the recent devices. As such, It might be best to speak to your Contact at Tobii who provided you the files for further information.

If you inform me directly, I can speak to them for you as well if you would prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.