Home Forums Unity SDK How to make an object Gaze Aware

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

I’ve been following the tutorials, now having a project with all the demo scenesalong with one of my own. In the demo scenes everything works as expected. I’ve been trying to make a GameObject of mine Gaze Aware but had now luck. Even when copying an object from one of the demo scnenes and add it to mine, it is not gaze aware anymore. This is so confusing. I did not find any more information about this in the documentation.

This might just be me being a Unity noob. When I add the object to my scene it appears black so I have to take care of the prefab first.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi @alph !

Could you please contact me on Discord – alex8b#9170
    We will arrange a remote desktop session and investigate what the problem is.

Victor
    Participant

It would be great if you could share the solutions to these problems instead of directly messaging the person. Other would like to see the gist of how to tackle the problem. Thanks

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Normally you just need a camera, a gameobject with GazeAware component and a collider. That’s it.
    You might also want to check Edit -> Eye Tracking settings and ensure that MaxDistance is not 0 (set it to something like 200 or Infinity) and Layers include the layer your gaze aware game objects belong to.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.