Home Forums Game Integration Making deadzone/gradient/sensitivity more intuitive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nygel
    Participant

HI.

It not clear to me what these do.

There is the help page which tries to explain but it’s still doesn’t make a lot of sense.

For example the gradient is set to 1 this essentially disables the deadzone.

These being interrelated makes understanding how to set the values a bit tricky.

So I’m thinking there should be some overlay. A checkbox which when enabled overlays a visual representation of the various settings onscreen, when deadzone is adjusted you can see precisely where is starts and ends. Gradient could be represented by the value of a colour. Sensitivity I’m not sure but see it’s how quickly the EyeX responds I think that’s reasonably intuitive anyway.

It’s insanely difficult to explain the sensitivity parameters with words (and our visualization is apparently also not that great) so have a look at this page.

The a-value slider corresponds to “Gradient” and the b-value slider corresponds to “Dead zone”. The value of “Speed” in ISE is simply scales the output (0.0 – 1.0) of this curve.

Nygel
    Participant

Ahhhhh, that makes perfect sense thanks.

But you refer to a visualisation you already have? I must have missed this, where is it.

But you refer to a visualisation you already have? I must have missed this, where is it.

It’s the image of a monitor next to the sensitivity sliders. The gray scale gradient directly corresponds to the sensitivity function.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.