Home Forums Feature Requests Mouse cursor jitters when Eye Tracker 5 is plugged in

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Koen
    Participant

After a few days of my new eye tracker working fine now my mouse cursor often jitters wildly. We’re talking about jitters that move the mouse over half the screen at a high speed when using the mouse and also when the mouse is not used. When I disconnect the eye tracker or when it slumbers the problem is gone. I have installed the latest drivers and am on the fully updated Windows 10. I can still return it which I think I will do without a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @koeny, it sounds like you may have the ‘mouse warp’ feature enabled .. can you confirm if it is switched off? You can find the options to do so within the Tobii Experience App -> Experience Tab -> Mouse Enhancements -> Mouse Warp

Please let us know if this resolved the issue, best wishes.

Koen
    Participant

Sadly it was already off. As long as the infrared is on the problem appears at randomly and can last until the background process Tobii Eye Interaction has manually been ended.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @koeny, sorry to hear that.. very strange indeed. The only thing I can currently think is that perhaps the settings are not being honored. You could try using RevoUninstaller to remove the Tobii Software and reinstall. Certainly, the Tobii Device should not interfere on any wireless band that your mouse may use.
    If the issue *still* persists, then please raise a ticket with the support team @ https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and they can possibly initiate a remote session of your system.

Koen
    Participant

Oh, it’s not a wireless mouse that I use, just the touchpad integrated in my laptop. But I also use an Origin HeadMouse that requires a little retroreflective sticker on my glasses, might be that. Although it’s weird that the mouse cursor would move by the infrared reflection caused by the sticker when I have not selected the eye tracker to move the cursor. I used RevoUninstaller to remove everything related to Tobii and then reinstalled but the problem persists.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @koeny, it sounds like the Headmouse might be the culprit.. if you deactivate/uninstall this software, does the issue persist? The tobii Tracker illuminates the eyes with infrared light, so perhaps the headmouse is incorrectly being interfered with.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Actually, having looked at the HeadMouse home page, they explicitly state to only enable Either Eye Tracker or Headmouse. (https://www.orin.com/access/headmouse/)

There are a few head tracking software packages that use the webcam such as https://eviacam.crea-si.com/index.php

Maybe this can offer an alternative.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.