Home Forums Software Development Newbe: Understanding the Virtual Display

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    K. Wagner
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m starting with a project that uses EyeX and Gaze-SDK (because the need of using a virtual Plane). Now, I’m trying to use one EyeX to capture gaze on two monitors (my virtual plane is actually the area of the two monitors together). Is this theoretically possible?

The EyeX is located in the bottom-middle of one monitor, so the question is, how should I configure my Active area? Note that the EyeX should stay where it is, i.e. changing the position of the EyeX to the center formed by the two monitors is not an option. Within the following picture, the ocher area is the area that I want to track, black is the EyeX and green the first monitor.
    Active area - Virtual plane

Any help will be really appreciated.

thanks in advance
    K.W.

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi K.W.,

Take a look at the Display Area Calculator included in the Tobii Gaze SDK package. You find it here: tools/displayareacalc.html. You should be able to calculate the three corner points for your active display area by entering the values for your combined screen plane including the two display monitors and the eye tracker’s position. You can then set the values to the eye tracker by using either the Set Display Area tool or the corresponding API call.

The EyeX Controller eye tracker works for screen sizes up to 27″ when the eye tracker is mounted centrally on the screen plane, and the user’s eyes are at about an arm’s length distance from the eye tracker. The precision and accuracy of the eye-gaze tracking drops notably outside this screen size.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.