Home Forums Software Development [NOOB] Win64 Octave w/Tobii SDK 1.8.0.21

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

New to Windows development with TobiiPro Nano and using GNU Octave 6.3.0

I’ve added (what I believe) to be the correct paths to the SDK. But I’m still getting a “module could not be found” error 126. Sorry for the “NOOB”-like question.

The Nano is detected by my PC and I can run the configuration tool without a problem.

Just trying to use the basic tutorial given on the SDK page. The first command:

Tobii = EyeTrackingOperations();

Fails with:

error: opening the library ‘C:\Users\user\EyeTracking\TobiiPro.SDK.Matlab_1.8.0.21\lib\64\win\tobiiresearch.mex’ failed (error 126): The specified module could not be found.

Here are the path variables I added to the top of the path settings in the Octave GUI:

C:\Users\user\EyeTracking
    C:\Users\user\EyeTracking\TobiiPro.SDK.Matlab_1.8.0.21
    C:\Users\user\EyeTracking\TobiiPro.SDK.Matlab_1.8.0.21\lib
    C:\Users\user\EyeTracking\TobiiPro.SDK.Matlab_1.8.0.21\lib\64
    C:\Users\user\EyeTracking\TobiiPro.SDK.Matlab_1.8.0.21\lib\64\win
    C:\Users\user\EyeTracking\TobiiPro.SDK.Matlab_1.8.0.21\EyeTracker
    C:\Users\user\EyeTracking\TobiiPro.SDK.Matlab_1.8.0.21\Gaze
    C:\Users\user\EyeTracking\TobiiPro.SDK.Matlab_1.8.0.21\HMDBasedCalibration
    C:\Users\user\EyeTracking\TobiiPro.SDK.Matlab_1.8.0.21\ScreenBasedCalibration

Then all the Octave default paths below those.

Maybe I’ve got them in the wrong order?

Any hint or guidance is very much appreciated. Just trying to learn about these tools a bit.

Thanks!
    -Thom

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @thomw, The Tobii Nano is part of the Tobii Pro business department.

This forum is intended for support with the Tobii Tech Consumer-level eye trackers (ET5, 4C, etc) and their associated SDK’s.

Please get in touch with the Tobii Pro Support team directly @ http://www.tobiipro.com/contact/contact-support/ for an
    answer to your query.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding. Best Wishes.

That being said, my first thought is that you need up update the path

‘C:\Users\user\EyeTracking\TobiiPro.SDK.Matlab_1.8.0.21\lib\64\win\tobiiresearch.mex’

from “user” to your actual user name path.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn’t have known that without your help. There seem to be a lot of resources in a lot of different places, so it is difficult to understand where to go.

As for your advice, thank you. I actually have my real user name in the path but I redacted it for this public forum. So that isn’t the issue I believe.

Thanks again. Will post again elsewhere.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

OK best of luck thom!

Anonymous
    Inactive

For the record, I submitted a request at the other location and they never responded. Not sure anyone is listening there.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @thomw, sorry for the inconvenience. I have escalated your case with Tobii Pro Support and they should be replying soon. Thanks for your patience and best of luck with the issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.