Home Forums Software Development Open Source development

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nicola
    Participant

Hello,

if I got it right, the Stream Engine API should be used in order to develop applications for the Eye Tracker 5.
    What is the policy for Open Source software development under the Getting Started License?
    Suppose I develop an Open Source application, which does not collect, store any gaze, eye position nor head position data, nor it does provide access to these streams to other applications. Gaze is used only to interact. Am I allowed to publish it (e.g. through GitHub) including the StreamEngine.dll, if I indicate that all my code is under a free license, except for the StreamEngine.dll library?

Thank you in advance.

P.S.: sorry but I had to try to rewrite this topic multiple times because I couldn’t write some words, which are simple and not harsh nor bad words. I don’t know why they were filtered.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @eyerpheus, I’m afraid the getting started license does not allow for distribution of any kind including Github as we outline on our licensing page:

The Getting Started development license is free of charge and you accept it by clicking accept when you download the SDK. If you want to commercialize your solution or plan to distribute your solution you need to acquire a Commercial license from Tobii.

Tobii Software Development License Agreement

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.