Home Forums Software Development problem to connect tobii with unity

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    serier
    Participant

hello
    I’m student and i have a project using tobii eye x 1 in unity..
    I already install and configured the tobii..
    the problem is when i use the EyeX SDK for Unity and I followed the steps in the example not thing happen
    and I don’t know how to test if tobii is connected to unity…
    please help me

Anders
    Participant

Hi serier,
    here are some things you can try:
    -Is the Tobii EyeX Engine running? (Check with Task Manager)
    -If you launch the EyeX Settings panel, e.g. by double-clicking the EyeX icon in the notifications area, is eye tracking enabled? Any warning messages?
    -If you start “Test calibration” from the Settings panel, does the trace of dots follow your eye-gaze?
    -If you start the sample Unity project from the EyeX SDK, does it work? Any messages in the console?

serier
    Participant

hi Anders
    thanks for your reply;
    – for the calibration it work’s normal, and i tried with the windows control application and it work’s normal..
    – in the task manager there is only Tobii.Tec.SDK.Server.exe and I downoload the EyeX engine 1.2 but when i start the configuration it show me this message “Tobii EyeX configuration Application Unhandled exception” and it refuse to continu.
    – I tried the sample unity from the SDK it doesn’t work and there is only the message that the EyeX is running..
    thanks for helping me. i don’t now what to do!!

Anders
    Participant

Hi serier,
    the EyeX Engine and the Eye Control Suite/Windows Control weren’t designed to be running at the same time so I can imagine that things aren’t working so well. But this isn’t the kind of error I would expect.

Which kind of eye tracker do you have? (The model name as written on the label at the back of the unit or under the unit.)

serier
    Participant

Hi Anders,
    the model name is: Tobii X1 Light Eye Tracker.
    Is the EyeX engine 1.2 compatible with this model?

serier
    Participant

hello;
    is there an older version of EyeX engine that i can dowload, I have the Tobii X1 Light Eye tracker and it doesn’t work with th EyeX engine 1.2 ( when i start the configuration it show me this message “Tobii EyeX configuration Application Unhandled exception” and it refuse to continu).
    after instralling the package that came with my device there is no engine in Task Manager. in effect i think thats my problem because i used this script to find out if the Unity can connect to the engine :

using UnityEngine;
    public class SpinOnGaze : MonoBehaviour
    {
    private EyeXHost _eyexHost;

void Start ()
    {
    _eyexHost = EyeXHost.GetInstance();

print (“Version”+_eyexHost.EngineVersion);
    print (“Status”+_eyexHost.EyeTrackingDeviceStatus);
    _eyexHost.LaunchCalibrationTesting ();

}

void Update ()
    {
    }
    }

and in Unity console
    version Null
    status Unkown
    that mean that the engine is not running..

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi serier,

No version of the Tobii EyeX Engine is compatible with the Tobii X1 Light Eye Tracker. The EyeX Engine can only communicate with Tobii eye trackers that can present themselves as a Windows USB-HID and the Tobii X1 Light Eye Tracker is not able to do that.

At the moment the following eye trackers are supported:
    – SteelSeries Sentry
    – Tobii EyeX Controller
    – Tobii REX
    – Tobii X2-30 (not X2-60)
    – Tobii PCEyeGo (with firmware 1.1.5 or later)

serier
    Participant

Hi Jenny;
    if there is no Tobii EyeX Engine compatible with the Tobii X1 Light Eye Tracker, then i can’t use the eyex SDK for Unity. so how I can use my Tobii X1 Light with Unity!! Or i have to work with the Tbii Gaze SDK..

serier
    Participant

hi;
    can you tell me please is it possible to connect Tobii X1 Light Eye Tracker with unity using the Tobii Gaze SDK..
    or I have to buy an other eye tracker..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.