Home Forums Software Development Problem with using data

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Emil
    Participant

Hello, I writing simple app(windows forms) which should get data from tobii each 0.5 sec and then save it to array, after it algorithm should check, how close was player to the target “way”. How I can not just stream data to console, but get it as variables?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @nekromantcer, if you check out the samples included with the Core SDK available @ https://github.com/Tobii/CoreSDK
    herein are shown a number of ways to display the gaze data alongside time stamp information.

It should be simple enough to output the console values to an array as you go and thereafter trim the entries to 0.5 seconds apart (as close as possible)

Please however bear in mind that the long term storage of gaze data is prohibited within the Tobii Core SDK licence and that
    if you wish to retain gaze data for analysis or research, this necessitates the purchase of a special licence to do do.

If you could kindly expand on what you are trying to achieve, we may be able to figure out a workaround based on your needs. Many thanks.

Emil
    Participant

I tried to use the samples, but every time when I trying ti include those methods into my project I getting something like this “The thread 0x814 has exited with code 0 (0x0)”.
    From opposite way all samples are working well.
    The program is pretty simple. We have picture with “road” and static array of coordinates for this way. User starts the game and see in fullscreen Windows form picture of “road”. Until time is finshed we recording all data into array. Than we calculate the distance between each recorded point from Tobii and points from “road array” and after it we getting the number of “errors”. So I don’t need to storage gaze data for long time.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @nekromantcer, it’s not so much a question of the ‘time’ you are storing gaze data, but rather that it is being used for analytical not *Interactive* purposes that necessitates the purchase of the Tobii Pro SDK Licence, which incidentally includes
    numerous samples that show the ease with which to store gaze data in the fashion you desire.

Please find further details @ https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/210251205-Can-I-use-a-Tobii-Eye-Tracker-for-research-purposes-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.