Home Forums Software Development Problems with unity 5 eyex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ahmad
    Participant

Greetings,

I have two problems.

The first one is when I load a scene or new level that uses eyex SDK the gaze and eye data will not be working. If I started with the scene itself everything works. More strangely if I was in scene X loaded scene Y that uses Eye tracker gaze nothing works if I switched to any windows application (Ctrl + tab) then come back to the scene everything works again ???

The second problem is with loading the gaze SDK with unity3d. I did everything from loading the 32 bit version and put the files in the plugin folder. Still getting dll not found exception.

Any help or suggestions ?

Daniel
    Participant

I am also having issues with this. The EyeXHost is created in one scene and is itself set to be persistent with Don’t DestroyOnLoad, but when I load a new scene, I lose tracking capability. I also went as far as to try to make my GazePointDataComponent and UserPresenceComponent persist across scene boundaries. I am using Unity 5.3.2p3. Like the previous poster, I realized I could get the tracking back after a scene load if I Alt-Tab out and click back in.

Daniel
    Participant
    Daniel
    Participant

Unity 5.3.2p3 / TobiiEyeXSdk-Unity-1.6.477

So, I made a really nasty workaround to this issue. I am not sure what is causing it, whether the OnApplicationFocus callback is being called in between scenes or there is an issue elsewhere. The following code allows for scene changes to not affect tracking.

private void OnLevelWasLoaded(int level)
    {
        EyeXHost.GetInstance().OnApplicationFocus(true);
    }
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.