Home Forums Software Development Reconstruct saccade velocity from raw data of Tobii Glass 2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Zhicheng
    Participant

Hello, I am working on the feature-extraction of eye tracking raw data. The equipment I use is Tobii Glass 2, there it exports raw data. From this raw data I want to reconstruct saccade amplitude and saccade velocity. I come up with an ideal but don’t know if it is right. I hope someone can tell me where I can find papers or books to support my calculation.
    Here is my calculation: The data I used are Gaze point 3D X, Y andZ, which is described as “coordinates of the vergence point of the left and right gaze vector”. Say I have two gaze point p1 and p2. First I normalized the coordinates into unit vector v1 and v2. Then I calculate the angle θ between v1 and v2, which shoud be the visual angle and also the amplitude. Once the amplitude is known, the velocity can be easily calculated by deviding it with time.
    Please tell me if I am wrong. If it is right, please tell me which paper or book can support my calculation.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @zhicheng, and thanks for your query. The Tobii Glasses are part of the Tobii Pro business department.
    This forum is principally intended for support with the Tobii 4C and EyeX Trackers and their associated SDK’s.

Please get in touch with Tobii Pro Support team directly @ http://www.tobiipro.com/contact/contact-support/ for an
    answer to your query.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thanks for your understanding. Best Wishes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.