Home Forums Software Development Set up EyeX controller on top of Tablet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bo Kang
    Participant

Hello community

I have read the previous posts that the eyeX tracker controller cannot be put on the top of the monitor. However, in my case, that is a big issue.

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro3. I want to track users’ real-time stylus writing on the tablet. Putting the eye tracker on the bottom of surface will interfere the eye because of the hand. Below image is the snapshot of my current setup:

http://imgur.com/r2xRzlU

Thus, I mounted the eyeX controller in a desktop monitor behind the Microsoft Surface. However, when I did the calibration, the trackers cannot constantly track my eye when I look at the surface screen. However, the tracker can track well when I look upon the eye tracker or above the eye tracker.

Besides changing to the glass mounted eye trackers, does anyone know how could I use this current eyeX controller to achieve my goal.

Thanks

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Bo (@buptkang)

Sorry, but using an EyeX eye tracker in a non-standard mounting configuration is not possible and requires
    the usage of a Tobii Pro eye tracker such as X3-120 for this kind of advanced setup.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.