Home Forums Software Development Stream Engine API VS2019

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    david olivier
    Participant

Hello,

I am developing an interactive C++ application (a game) which is supposed to use the Tobii 4C eye tracker. In order to interface with the eye tracker, I am using the Stream Engine API.

Stream engine api link (download link at the bottom of page): https://developer.tobii.com/consumer-eye-trackers/stream-engine/getting-started/

I added the .h files provided with the API to my project and I added the directory containing the tobii_stream_engine.dll and tobii_stream_engine.lib files to the project library directories.

My issue is that I am getting a LK1107 error (invalid or corrupt file) on thetobii_stream_engine.dll file at the linking stage (not a runtime error). Personally, I think this is a binary compatibility issue as I am using the 2019 MSVC toolset.

Do you have any input?

Thank you,

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @davidolivier, sorry to hear about your issues. Could you kindly confirm which Visual Studio version you are using? If not already, we recommend 2019. Have you tried (as a test) both the 32 and 64 bit versions?

If you have a spare system to test that would also be useful as the files themselves have been checked for consistency. I assume that you already tried downloading again , perhaps with a download manager to ensure no lost packets.

Hopefully we will get you up and running soon, thanks for your patience.

david olivier
    Participant

Hello again,

I ended up solving the issue by following the steps in the following tutorial (for future reference):
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/walkthrough-creating-and-using-a-dynamic-link-library-cpp?view=vs-2019

Essentially, I was missing one step : copying the provided .dll next to the executable .exe in my build folder (as recommended in the tutorial). I come from a linux background … I still have to work on my windows devops skills I guess.

Thanks for the quick response!

Cheers

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Ah great! Glad to hear you go it working and thanks for the update. Please do get in touch again should you have any further queries or issues. Best Wishes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.