Home Forums Software Development Tobii EyeX SDK setup C#

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hanz
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to add TobiiEyeX Sdk into my C# project using “Add Existing Project” and i added only the EyesFramework into my project then i creates a reference with “Add Reference” and select EyesFramework. However, when I run my project, there was an error stating

“An unhandled exception of type ‘System.DllNotFoundException’ occurred in Tobii.EyeX.Client.Net20.dll

Additional information: Unable to load DLL ‘Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)”

so i added Tobii.EyesX.Net20.dll into the EyeXFramework reference but i encounter an error adding Tobii.EyesX.Client. The error is “Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component”

can anyone advise me how to fix it?
    i am using visual studio 2013 on Window 8.1

thank you,

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Hanz,

The Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll is a native dll, so it cannot be added as a reference like managed dlls can. This is how we have added it to the EyeXDotNet.sln which only has a build configuration for x86:

1. The Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll is located in the following folder: <package root>/lib/x86/
    2. Right click the project folder and select “Add existing item…”
    3. Browse and mark the dll in its directory
    4. Select the little arrow on the “Add” button and choose “Add as link” instead
    5. Right click the item in the Solution explorer and select “Properties”
    6. Modify the “Copy to Output Directory” to one of the “Copy …” alternatives (for example “Copy if newer”)

This way of doing it will only work if your are building for either x86 or x64. If you need to build for both 32 bit and 64 bit you will need some more logic to point out the correct version of the dll. Google “native dll in c# different bitness” to find some suggestions for how to do that.

Hanz
    Participant

Got it, Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.