Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Tobii EyeX software not working, after working properly for 3-4 days

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I’m doing my summer practice. Working on an eye tracking project. When I first started, i installed the software, and just plugged the usb, and then everything was fine. But after 2-3 days, first i lost my internet connection. Then tobii eyeX software started not to work. After that i tried system restoring to a previous date, and it was working. After that, several problems kept coming, interrupting everything i do, leaving me without internet connection, without tobii eyeX working, i decided to reinstall windows 10. The everything worked fine for the last friday.
    Today, i opened my computer but, neither the internet connection nor the software for eye tracker was working. I’m now restoring my laptop once again. But i’m getting really annoyed about that, and i need a solution, as i don’t want to spend my summer practice by installing windows, drivers, visual studio, starting everything again and again.

My laptop model is asus x550jx-xx171d. Just bought 4 months ago, but since the day i bought, it ruined my life.
    Please help me with that, my life depends on it at the moment

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @burakbilgehan,

As the issue you described is affectively also your internet connection (which EyeX software does not interact with) then I am inclined to think that the issue is not necessarily related to the Tobii software.

Is your network adapter actually showing up in the device manager? Presumably both Cable and wifi are not working?

I would concentrate on the issue of lost internet connectivity as there stands a great chance someone online has experienced a similar problem. Are you certain that it is the introduction of EyeX Software that begins this cycle of issues?

I wonder if maybe some background Windows update is occuring? A review of the Event Manager might present some clues…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.