Home Forums Game Integration Tobii Ghost and VR?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin Sawtell
    Participant

Is it possible to be in a typical VR game using a Tobii Pro HMD, and have the eye track data displayed (as in Ghost) over the framebuffer on the desktop?

Or perhaps, is it possible to write a python app for example- which runs in the background and pulls in the Tobii gaze data, transforms it and draws a layer on the desktop? Alternatively it could be logged, transformed and added back in a post-process.

This would allow all kinds of possibilities RE direction of attention analysis in any number of VR experiences.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @msawtell and thanks for your query. This forum is principally intended for support with the Tobii Tech range of eye trackers (4C, EyeX, Alienware laptop, etc) and the associated SDK’s (Core SDK, Stream Engine API, etc)

The Tobii Pro HMD is part of the Tobii Pro Business department so I would encourage you to reach out to their own dedicated support department @ http://www.tobiipro.com/contact/contact-support/ for an answer to your query.

I am quite sure however that there will be a real time feedback software available to view the gaze data simultaneously on another system but the team at Tobii Pro can confirm this.

Apologies for any inconvenience and best of luck in finding a resolution.

Martin Sawtell
    Participant

Hi Grant, thanks for the reply, it would appear that the Tobii Pro dept does indeed have their own channels of support, I will engage there.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great! Best of luck with your queries. I am sure our colleagues over in the Pro Support team there will give you all the help you need 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.