Home Forums Software Development Tobii.Interaction.Host unexpected behavior

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vincenzo Liguori
    Participant

Hi to all, I’m Vincenzo.
    I’m trying to develop a WPF application with the Tobii 4c Eye Tracker.
    Whitin the release of Visual Studio 2019 CE the app works well but after I created an msi file to install/distribute the app, when I try it, the various gaze aware buttons don’t activate. The strange thing is that if I press and then release the window button on the keyboard and the start menu appears, then the buttons are correctly gaze aware. It seems that could be a problem whit the host as I said in the title but I don’t know how to get it work properly, also because on the visual studio environment it is fully working. I tried as described in the get started tutorials with the public property Host initialized in the App.cs, and also with a static class with a static property host, but it is the same. What could I Do?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @vlig96, sorry to hear about your issues. I think the best way to move forward would be if you could kindly share your code with us and we can try and reproduce on our own systems. Ideally, this would be over Github, for the benefit of other users.

Please do let us know if this would be an issue. Certainly, the problem you have identified has not been identified previously, however my first thought would be to check what version of .NET you are building against. .NET Core is not currently supported, so please ensure you are running .NET Standard as VS2019 uses Core by default. I assume you are using the Tobii Core SDK API? Any further details you could provide would be helpful.

Vincenzo Liguori
    Participant

Yes I’m using the Tobii Core SDK, I checked in the project settings for the destination framework and it is .Net Framework 4.5 .
    In the afternoon I’m gonna reproduce my project and put it on github. Thank for your help. Since the problem is happening in an installed-version and I don’t have way to debug it I also put in my code some message boxes that show me that the Host status is connected. It seems that the gaze aware routed event, instead, isn’t called until I press the window key and turn back to the app. It works just pressing the window key, not minimizing and then refocusing the window.

Vincenzo Liguori
    Participant

This is the repository with a minimal sample: https://github.com/VincenzoLiguori96/minimal_example_tobii .
    I noticed that the issues don’t happen always, but when it happens then continue to not working even if i restart the app. (I’m sorry but the labels are in italian, but for the problem they are meaningless, just skip and try to watch the red-colored button at the corners, they are gaze aware and have to turn green).

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @vlig96. thanks for taking the time to upload the project and with the additional details. I have been able to compile and execute the program, create an installer also but was unable to reproduce the strange issue with the start button you referred.

I would therefore recommend if you could share the installer file you created directly and I will try with this one. Might also be an idea to get another colleague to test your program on another system to see if we can narrow down where the problem may be arising. Thanks for your patience whilst we try to provide you a solution.

Vincenzo Liguori
    Participant

Thank you for the effort and for answering me. I updated the same github repo with the installer folder and a folder with videos where I reproduce the error while recording the screen. Before post here I tried with another system of a colleague and he noticed the same issue, but both have the same os: Windows 10 Home. For what I understood, it seems that the gaze changed event is not raised until “something” happens on my system.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @vlig96, thanks for taking the time to make an installer. Again, I am able to run the calibration screen without needing to press any buttons strangely.
    However, I was not able to progress beyond the calibration screen itself.. the program simply closed after that.

Here was my experience @ https://files.fm/u/ax73df6q

In terms of solving the issue, have you looked at forcing the calibration windows to receive focus? It looks like this is the problem you may be facing.. once an ‘action’ such as start menu is loaded, the focus returns to the Quiz Window and you are able to proceed.

Perhaps this function should help @ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winuser/nf-winuser-setforegroundwindow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.