Home Forums Software Development TOBII SDK Screen Record with MatLab

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Clare Shaffer
    Participant

Hello,

I’m posting about an issue we’ve run into while collecting eye-tracking data in TOBII SDK with simultaneous stimulus presentation in MatLab PsychToolBox.
    We are able to calibrate and record eye-tracking data in Matlab without an issue (when we aren’t trying to screen record).

When we try to screen record, there are two key issues:
    1) The screen recording turns blank when we run the Matlab/Psychtoolbox task. The screen recording function works fine, because it records everything on the computer up until the task running. This may be an issue with how Matlab handles screen presentation.

2) The computer seems to be overloaded when we run both the Tobii Pro Screen Recording function and Matlab simultaneously– running both programs at the same time may be too much for the computer to handle, which causes it to crash.

Amy and all advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @cshaffer, The Tobii Matlab bindings of the Pro SDK & Psychtoolbox are part of the Tobii Pro business department.

This forum is intended for support with the Tobii EyeX and C4 Eye Tracker and associated SDK’s.

Please get in touch with Tobii Pro Support department directly @ http://www.tobiipro.com/contact/contact-support/ for an
    answer to your query.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kristin S
    Participant

Hi Clare,

We have this recurring issue as well. Originally, the solution referenced on this thread helped (assuming you’re using a dual screen setup).

If you are using dual screens, before you start deleting updates, try clicking your mouse on the non-recording screen desktop area to switch the screen focus. If you run a recording with live viewer, your live viewer recording screen will change from black to whatever stimuli you’re actually presenting. Otherwise you can just check out the recording in replay to see if the screen focus switch resolved the recording issue.

As different versions of updates roll-out, we continue to face this issue. I end up tracking down whichever *seems* to be causing it and uninstalling it to resolve the issue.

I’ve run this up the chain at tobiipro support several times (per the link Grant listed) and invariably been told that our Tobii products were not designed to function with external programs like Matlab, so there’s nothing more they can do. I hope you have better luck!

We’ll be removing our machine from the network in the hope of preserving a functional state as the update deletion workaround is untenable relative to both security and long-term machine functionality, but short term it’s worth a shot!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @kristins, thanks so much for taking the time to help out @cshaffer, hopefully will be of use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.