Home Forums Unity SDK [Unity] Gaze-Aware Build Issue – tobii 5 SDK.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tassos Loudovikos
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    one significant issue I encountered during developing my game is related to the functionality of the GetFocusedObject() method and GazeAwareComponent.HasGazeFocus variable.
    While these work fine in the Unity editor, they consistently return “null” and “false,” respectively, when I run the build of my game (.exe file).
    As a result, my “gaze aware” game objects fail to react to eye-gaze in the build of my Unity game.
    This problem extends to the sample scenes provided with the Unity SDK; the functions work in the editor but not in the build.
    Here are some details about my unity game and gaze-aware game objects:
    • Unity version used: 2020.2.1f1
    • The Tobii device is connected, and the eye-tracking cursor responds correctly on the screen.
    • All tracked objects are three-dimensional with a 3D collider component.
    • Tracked objects are placed in a dedicated layer, also used as a layer mask for the provided Tobii
    initializer prefab.
    • The tobii_gameintegration_x86.dll is successfully copied into the plugin folder of the project
    build.
    • I build for Windows 64-bit.
    • Checked for potentially displaced 3D colliders, but that does not seem to be the issue.
    • No warnings or errors appear after building the Unity game.
    Could you please provide guidance on how to approach and resolve this issue?
    Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance for your time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.