Home Forums Software Development "Warp on executable.exe"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter Ly
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m trying to use Tobii for basic mouse movement and click. I tried “Warp on key”, but it turns out the accuracy isn’t quite there, always about an inch off.

With AHK (Auto Hot Key), I’m able to assign key combinations to the keyboard to move the mouse pointer and perform a click action so I can adjust the pointer after a Warp, then a click.

So all the functionality is there, just want to keep my fingers on the home rows and have a intuitive way to do it.

I tried assigning “Warp on key” to F3, then have a AHK key combination like CapsLock+; send F3, but it doesn’t seem to activate the Warp feature.

AHK does allow a way to run an executable when a combination key is press. Is there such an executable that would activate the Warp feature and if not, how could I build one.

Thanks you,

Peter

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @pcssolutions, thanks for your query. It is an interesting concept you have, but I am afraid that the warp feature is itself part of an executable running as part of the Tobii Core software and not a program within itself that can be called in the fashion.

Indeed I recognise your issues with AHK in that the Tobii Core SW will not accept ‘virtual’ key presses and so I am not sure what the optimal situation might be for your needs. Have you already tried the new eye control feature that comes with Windows 10?

Indeed, there are quite a few other software packages that may help such as Xcessity (http://www.xcessity.at/products_iris.php) Perhaps you can have a look at this?

Sorry I cannot be of better assistance in this matter.

Peter Ly
    Participant

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the quick response. I looked at the link you provided and found that KINESICMOUSE has a ‘key to move mouse cursor to gaze point’ option, so 3rd party can indeed access the Warp feature. The program I need will be very simple, it will just activate warp and exit.

I do have some development background and time to learn, can you point me to where I can get started?

Thanks you,

Peter

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @pcssolutions, the program KINESICMOUSE is designed for use with Microsoft Kinect Controller, not Tobii Eye Trackers so I am rather uncertain what you mean by getting started in developing? The programs supplied by Xcessity are binary executables are not subject to ‘development’ as I can see.

Perhaps you could kindly rephrase your question? Many thanks for your patience.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.