Home Forums Software Development What SDK should I use?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leo Kettmeir
    Participant

Hello,
    I recently got a Tobii Eye Tracker 5 for playing games, but I also want to use it for a piece of software (not a game) I made for myself (so not commercial nor distributed), however I a unsure what SDK I should be using. Could anyone hint me what I should use?

Jurrie de Jutter
    Participant

Hello,
    I have the same question. Is there another SDK than a Unity SDK for the Tobii Eyetracker 5?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @crowlkats @jdejutter, other than the Unity for Desktop SDK, you can in principal use the Tobii Stream Engine API with the Tobii Eye Tracker 5 which offers low-level access to all of the data streams.

Certainly, for games, you should ideally use the Unity for Desktop SDK.

To enquire about availability, please make a request @ https://developer.tobii.com/software-downloads/

oxygen
    Participant

Hello, I want to develop a system based on eye tracker 5 to store the attention data of the game, analyze, visualize and share it. What SDK should I download?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @oxygen, you can use the links above to make a request for the Tobii Stream Engine which is compatible with the Eye Tracker Model but is only provided under special licencing circumstances.

oxygen
    Participant

Hello, I also want to ask, what I bought is eye tracker 5. Can I use the SDK of Tobii Pro Series for development? Looking forward to your reply, thank you!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

No, I’m afraid that only the Tobii Stream Engine API will operate with the Eye Tracker 5.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.