Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices No 'Right ALT'

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pi
    Participant

I’m running windows 10 via BootCamp on my MacBook Air.

Going into settings -> EyeX interaction -> get started, the first screen tells me ‘all you need is one button and your eyes’, and then that button is the right CTRL key.

Which on a Mac keyboard DOES NOT EXIST.

I have my eyes, but I lack this one button. The irony!

How can you people be so oblivious to the Mac community? We have made a conscious choice to pay more money for a higher grade of software and hardware engineering. Tobii clearly goes to a lot of trouble to deliver a high grade of engineering.

So frustrated right now.

I’ve tried the following AHK script:

RAlt & /::
    Send RCtrl
    return

…but no joy.

Please tell me that I do not need to buy an external keyboard just to hit this goddamn button.

pi
    Participant

Edit: that script should have been just:

RAlt::RCtrl

which also failed.

However under ‘direct interaction’ I am able to choose a new key, which for me is OPT+/ which is seen as CTRL+ALT+/

phew I’m in.

</rant>

The computer keyboard is a graveyard of poor design choices…

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

On the new EyeX Engine 1.8.0 (released a couple of hours ago: http://developer.tobii.com/tobii-eyex-2-0/), that key hooking has been removed altogether. We now encourage people to use their own context dependent key hooking or secondary input hooking instead. The EyeX SDK 1.6 have updated samples that show how to do this.

(And yeah, it was because there are so many different keyboard layouts out there that it was possible to select another key in the EyeX Settings).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.