Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Cannot connect to eyetracker

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    varivera
    Participant

Hi,

I am still having the same problem (I have (un)install the EyeX Engine and USB 3.0 drivers lots of times).
    I am running a Windows 8.1 (64) and the os automatically installs ASMedia USB 3.0 drivers (21/08/2013 version 6.3.9600.16384). When I connect the EyeX using that configuration, it allows me to start the calibration. Once the yellow dot appears the process hangs and a dialog says:
    Calibration error: The calibration could not perform. Please check that your ET is plugged in and retry.

I updated the ASMedia driver as suggested earlier in this thread. Now I am using ASMedia XHCI Controllers (10.04.2014 Version 1.16.18.1). The last version. The error is exactly the same as before. It hangs when I try to do the calibration.

Finally, I downloaded the libusb-1.0.dll (also as suggested earlier in this thread), and replaced it in C:\Program Files(x86)\Tobii\Service. The error is different: the EyeX stuck on Initializing.

The EyeX device and cable are ok, I tried them in another computer.

I am enclosing the log zip file generated by the last EyeX Engine.
    corresponds to the log when error 2 happens (the EyeX stuck on Initialising)
    corresponds to the log when error 1 happens (error during the calibration process).

varivera
    Participant

sorry, links do not work: here is the post again

Hi,

I am still having the same problem (I have (un)install the EyeX Engine and USB 3.0 drivers lots of times).
    I am running a Windows 8.1 (64) and the os automatically installs ASMedia USB 3.0 drivers (21/08/2013 version 6.3.9600.16384). When I connect the EyeX using that configuration, it allows me to start the calibration. Once the yellow dot appears the process hangs and a dialog says:
    Calibration error: The calibration could not perform. Please check that your ET is plugged in and retry.

I updated the ASMedia driver as suggested earlier in this thread. Now I am using ASMedia XHCI Controllers (10.04.2014 Version 1.16.18.1). The last version. The error is exactly the same as before. It hangs when I try to do the calibration.

Finally, I downloaded the libusb-1.0.dll (also as suggested earlier in this thread), and replaced it in C:\Program Files(x86)\Tobii\Service. The error is different: the EyeX stuck on Initializing.

The EyeX device and cable are ok, I tried them in another computer.

I am enclosing the log zip file generated by the last EyeX Engine.
    http://poporo.uma.pt/EventB2Java/EventB2Java_Files/Tobii-DiagnosticPack-2014-12-17-133916(1).zip
    corresponds to the log when error 2 happens (the EyeX stuck on Initialising)

http://poporo.uma.pt/EventB2Java/EventB2Java_Files/Tobii-DiagnosticPack-2014-12-17-135129.zip
    corresponds to the log when error 1 happens (error during the calibration process).

Hi there,
    sorry for the late reply.
    Unfortunately the ASMedia controller is very tricky.
    We have been and we still are in contact with ASMEdia to find a solution but as this is not in any way something we can have an impact on, we can just wait.

I appreciate the log files you’ve send, I have forwarded them to our RND and I hope they will get some more insight.

I will come back to you as soon as I know more.

/Konstantin

Kimber Foster
    Participant

Thanks for sharing .

Jonas
    Participant

I’ve decided to share some of my experiences with the asmedia driver (it’s working for me as we speak).

At first I accidentally connected my EyeX to a USB 2.0 port, which somehow if I’m not mistaken still allowed for a firmware update of the device. Anyhow, this resulted in me being told that the port was USB 2 and i needed a 3.0 for the device to work.

So I crawled down and changed to my USB 3.0 port (Asmedia usb3.0 controller) integrated into my motherboard Asus p8z68-v.

At first I got the same “stuck in initialization” as others have described in the thread, together with “Cannot connect to device”. Then the same weird thing happened as Michael described (post #1737) as getting the calibration to start just to later have it fail at the first yellow dot.

I then upgraded the drivers to my Asmedia controller, which was then only some old standard driver downloaded with windows. If I can remember I properly upgraded it to 1.16.22.0 (2014-10-24). Still no success and the eyex still only gives me a calibration that always failed.

I then uninstalled everything that had to do with the EyeX.
    Rollback of my USB3.0 drivers.
    Unplugged the EyeX.
    Restarted computer.
    Installed (what i remember as the same as before) 1.16.22.0 driver.
    Installed the EyeX again (installing software first, then connecting the device).

… and bam! The calibration was a success and so far I’ve had no more problems.

I don’t know if this info can be useful for someone else, but it always buggers me when someone solves it and doesn’t share what they did in order to do so.

Jonas
    Participant

Oh, if I’m remembering correct I also ran a firmware upgrade of the USB3.0-controller after the step
    “Installed (what i remember as the same as before) 1.16.22.0 driver”
    downloaded from Asus webpage:
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V/HelpDesk_Download/

and under USB:

“USB 3.0 Boost Full Package Version V1.00.05”

In this executable they seem to have bundled a firmware upgrade for the controller among other things.
    Note: For some reason I never got through the installation of the “Boost software” and the software got stuck, but got my firmware upgraded before that anyhow.

//Jonas

yagoub
    Participant

I have a same problem , nathing work

help

Darwin
    Participant

Lets add another failing tester here with the initial issues mostly being listed throughout this thread.

Current PC is an Asus P6X58D PREMIUM – legacy by this point, I know. Running Win7 sp1. I’ve run through the standard firmware updates, trying all available firmware update options. All looks good, but the EyeX doesn’t actually connect. It will sit at “Initializing…” – unable to calibrate, etc. But at least I’m not getting the USB 2.0 error messages anymore.

Another issue with this rig is that it’s rack mounted, the included cable does not reach from the back of the rack mount case to the middle (of three) screens associated with that PC. Do have a USB 3.0 active hub that I’d prefer using, but one thing at a time – It’s out of the equation while I work on getting this working.

Hooking it up to my 2012 Macbook Pro Retina running VMWare Fusion with Win 10 dev preview…. and it works much better (relative though). Windows sees the eye tracker and will allow me to do the initial setup. Great. I can run through the initial calibrations and it usually works.

However, the device often drops off and reconnects – seemingly at random for the moment. But touching the USB plug on the EyeX usually gets it to light up again. I’ve also noticed that it will go offline if I hold a hand or two up in front of the device while it’s lit.

Other than the basic calibration function, no other interaction seems to work.

These are just observations as I work on troubleshooting the device over the next few days.

Ian Storring
    Participant

Using Device Manager and disabling and then enabling my SteelSeries Sentry (Tobii EyeX) would get me passed Initializing, which I would often get stuck on. When I try to Calibrate… I get a Windows noise like I unplugged the Eye Tracker, and it disappears from Device Manager and all lights shutoff and I can’t follow the dot. Now, if I disable and then enable the ASMedia USB 3.0 XHC that the Eye Tracker is plugged into, Eye Tracking Devices show back up in Device Manager… but I can’t continue to Calibrate. Seems like a common issue, from what I’ve been reading.

Sylvain Pillet
    Participant

Yeah and the issue isn’t fixed…
    I’m waiting patiently to an update. For now, I can’t use my device ant it’s pretty anoying… I bought it couples year ago and I’m really disapointed.
    But maybe it’s Asus drivers that are crappy…

Thomas Napravnik
    Participant

Something new ? We need a Solution.

Bude
    Participant

Hi
    i have the same problem as Ian Storring !!
    Here a Picture Failure

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hello All,

Indeed we are waiting on ASMedia to identify the underlying issue as in many cases their chipsets will in fact work with our Eye Tracker so it’s a challenge to determine exactly what is going on here.

No doubt you have tried, but please ensure that Motherboard Firmware, USB3 Chipset drivers are all running the latest version together with the most recent version of the Tobii EyeX Tools.

Following this and continued issues, please state the details of the hardware used and we will see what can be done.

Bude
    Participant

Hi
    i’ve tried this but is doesnt work !
    http://www.tobii.com/xperience/support/faq/why-can-i-not-get-the-eyex-to-wrok-with-asmedia-usb-3.0-controller/

i payed 160€ for this !! I am very upset.

I hope there will soon be a solution

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.