Streaming & Recording with Tobii Ghost

Home Forums Community Projects Streaming & Recording with Tobii Ghost

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

You may try this solution from TobiiPro:
    https://tobiicloud.com/share/

/Alex

Alex Kerr
    Participant

Hi! I have a bit of strange feedback. 🙂 I’m going to be streaming/recording from an arcade cabinet which has a 4:3 CRT monitor with a maximum display resolution of 640×480. (The other supported resolution is 320×240. 😉 ) At 640×480 the configuration tool is too tall for the screen and gets cropped, and there is no scrollbar to access the obscured options.

I’ve found I can work around this by manually editing the configuration file in C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Tobii/Tobii Streaming Gaze Overlay/ — for example, setting Offscreen to true in order to disable the live preview. Of course, this requires closing and re-opening the tool to change settings, but this is manageable enough.

Other than that, everything seems to work great! Thank you for developing this tool. 🙂

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks for feedback. I will try to think about how to fix it. Soon we will publish a new release with improved performance on 4k screens.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Update 1.0.4:
    – Performance improvements on 4K screens
    – New branding and installer
    – Various bugfixes

https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/210245345-Getting-started-with-Streaming-Gaze-Overlay

Ted Graham
    Participant

Hi, I am thinking about getting the tobii 4C, but have a couple questions. When you record the footage with gaze overlay, how is it saved? 1. what are the file types, and 2. I’m assuming you have separate files then for the screen display and the gaze overlay?

Thanks!

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

You use video capture software (like OBS or xSplit) where gaze overlay is composed on top the video stream. So you get a single video file in the end. If you want to store the data for analytical purpose please contact Tobii Pro https://www.tobiipro.com/contact/contact-eyex-for-research/

Ted Graham
    Participant

Ah, makes sense! Ok, thank you for the quick reply.

Would it be possible to Add easily, an Image file that would fit inside the GazeOverlay SHAPE ?. Adding the possibility to Customize not only the color but, the whole Overlay visual Appeal. SO we can have custom GazeOverlay cursors like this one

I wanted to do it myself but… couldnt find source code for Tobii Gaze Overlay…
    Neither the source code for Tobii itself. Which i think could be GREAT To be able to customize the WHOLE GUI…

Then i readed this post Saying Source is not available, yet!
    Well i either cant wait for The source to come out. OR The function to be implemented >.<

Lee
    Participant

Hi,Alex.
    I just want to get eye- gaze position online using C++ and calculate the velocity of eye movement.Where can i fand the c++ code.My equipment is TObii Eyrtracker 4C.Need help badly.
    Look forward to your reply! Many thanks!

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant
    Lee
    Participant

Much Appreciated for your reply.
    Thanks for your answer,Alex.I remember there was a version which written by Oleh,but i can’t find it now. It’s easy for me to understand with annotation after the code.The version you provided to me is nice,however, i have difficulty in applying it to my task.I wonder if it’s possible for you to provide that version of code to me.It’s doesn’t matter if you’re not convenient!
    Best regards.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant
    Lee
    Participant

Dear Alex,
    Which line represent the eye position? Is it a float value that i could use to calculate? Furthermore, i would like to know the sample frequency.
    Sincerely yours

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi @leengu !

Line 168
    4C is 90 Hz

Lee
    Participant

Hi,Alex
    I am using https://github.com/Tobii/stream_engine,i downloaded the Tobii.StreamEngine but there were some errors such as can’t find tobbi.h header file.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.