[Solved] poll calibration id

Home Forums Unity SDK [Solved] poll calibration id

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    joe
    Participant

Is it possible to poll (and hopefully even change) the user selected in the Tobii calibration tool?

We are developing a game in Unity and want multiple people to be able to take turns with separate score/login credentials. Currently, from what I understand, the users can only switch id by alt-tabbing/quitting out of the game, selecting their id on the tobii app (in the taskbar), going back to the game, and logging in there. This is clearly unsatisfying and error prone. If we could select (or even read) the tobii id from Unity, then that would be a huge improvement. Even better would be to have the ability to start up calibration from Unity (to, e.g., add users), but switching users would really be great.

Best,
    Joe

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jsnider and thank you for your query. I am afraid that at the current time, the Tobii Plugin for the Unity SDK does not support user profile polling (or switching).

However, I will create the appropriate feature request on your behalf which will be considered by the developers for a future release.

Apologies for the disappointing news, hopefully the Alt-Tab solution is viable for the time being.

joe
    Participant

Grant,
    OK. Thanks for the info and making the feature request.

I was looking through the c-interface, and it has a tobii_get_state_uint32 function that returns the ‘current calibration blob’. Would that hold the information I’m looking for (assuming I can get it into Unity)? At least to verify that our users have switched ids?

There is also frequent mention of the function tobii_calibration_retrieve() in the stream api doc, but I guess that function is Tobii-pro only?

Best,
    Joe

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jsnider, apologies for the delay whilst I tried to confirm the situation with the calibration blob.

Whilst certainly the calibration blob object is of little use outside of the Tobii Pro SDK (as you indicated) at the very least it should never the less allow you track that the user has indeed changed. However, the calibration blob would change and the user remain the same if the user in question chose to recalibrate manually, so something to bear in mind.

joe
    Participant

Grant,
    Thanks for following up and the clarification.
    Best,
    Joe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.