[Solved] Tracking problems

Home Forums Software Development [Solved] Tracking problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Diego Begega
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I’m working in a game made in Unity 3D using Tobii Eye Tracker 4C. The game works perfectly in our PCs without any issue, but in our client’s PCs the software fails. We have detected that the PCs having problems have the same hardware. Recently I have had acces to one of this PCs and debugging the game I have reached some conclusions. It’s seems that the problem is related with the one you have documented as “The gaze points are offset to the upper-left”, but using the option “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” don’t fix the problem. In one ocasion I removed the graphic card from the PC and using the graphic chip integrated, the game works perfectly, so the problem is related with the graphic card. This graphic card is a Geforce GTX 1060 Gaming X.

The funny thing is that trying to fix the problem I installed Unity 3D in this PC and after that the game started to work without any change in the code. Now the old version of the game works perfectly in this PC but I can’t undertand why and I have more PCs to fix.

Can someone help me? Any type of suggestions? Thanks.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

Which version of the SDK do you use?

Diego Begega
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for your quick answer. I’m using the version 3.0 in Unity 5.4.2f2

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Does it provide gaze data? Or it doesn’t pass IsValid/IsRecent?
    What about the gaze point viewport coordinates when he looks in the middle of the screen and the corners?

Diego Begega
    Participant

Hi,

sorry for the delay in my answer. I didn’t have the computer at my work place so I had to wait until make more test in the computer with the error. In the test the parameters IsValid and IsRecent is true, so it is correct and I can obtain gaze data, but don’t worry for now because I have installed a new version of the game in this computer and now seems work everything correctly. The rest of the people seems are good with the new version of the game. I suppose that it was something wrong in our code (We rewrite the code, so we changed a lot of things). I still don’t understand why the first time I installed the new version of the game in one of the other computers with error didn’t work, but don’t worry it is not your problem 🙂

Thanks for your help Alex

Diego Begega
    Participant

Hi again,
    I have again the same problem with another PC 🙁

This time I have some logs but I think that not show relevant information. Again the game works in my PC but not in the other. It seems that the information that provide TobiiApi , it’s correct but the “Gaze Aware” components not detect where I’m looking. I made a test with a sphere changing its position to the one provide by GetGazePoint().Viewport and the position is totally correct, but the Gaze Aware is not detected. The Game Objects with a Gaze Aware component have all a box collider trigger. And my Unity versión now is 2017.2.0f3.

I send you some log data:

USER LOOKING AT CENTER:
    ——————————————
    TOBII DATA START==========================================================================================>>
    GetDisplayInfo().IsValid: True
    GetDisplayInfo().DisplayWidthMm x DisplayHeightMm: 598 x 336
    GetUserPresence().IsUserPresent(): True
    GetFocusedObject():
    GetGazePoint().Screen: (712.7, 609.4)
    GetGazePoint().Viewport: (0.4, 0.6)
    GetGazePoint().IsValid: True
    GetGazePoint().IsRecent: True
    TOBII DATA END<<==========================================================================================
    TOBII DATA START==========================================================================================>>
    GetFocusedObject():
    GetGazePoint().Screen: (976.6, 488.7)
    GetGazePoint().Viewport: (0.5, 0.5)
    TOBII DATA END<<==========================================================================================

USER LOOKING LEFT-UP
    —————————————————-
    GetFocusedObject():
    GetGazePoint().Screen: (12.7, 1057.5)
    GetGazePoint().Viewport: (0.0, 1.0)
    GetFocusedObject():
    GetGazePoint().Screen: (-14.5, 1056.3)
    GetGazePoint().Viewport: (0.0, 1.0)

USER LOOKING LEFT-DOWN
    ———————————————-
    GetFocusedObject():
    GetGazePoint().Screen: (63.7, 37.3)
    GetGazePoint().Viewport: (0.0, 0.0)

GetFocusedObject():
    GetGazePoint().Screen: (62.4, 38.8)
    GetGazePoint().Viewport: (0.0, 0.0)

USER LOOKING RIGHT-DOWN
    ——————————————
    GetFocusedObject():
    GetGazePoint().Screen: (1887.0, -26.7)
    GetGazePoint().Viewport: (1.0, 0.0)
    GetFocusedObject():
    GetGazePoint().Screen: (1897.0, 46.7)
    GetGazePoint().Viewport: (1.0, 0.0)

USER LOOKING RIGHT-UP
    —————————————
    GetFocusedObject():
    GetGazePoint().Screen: (1930.2, 983.4)
    GetGazePoint().Viewport: (1.0, 0.9)
    GetFocusedObject():
    GetGazePoint().Screen: (1935.7, 1042.6)
    GetGazePoint().Viewport: (1.0, 1.0)

USER LOOKING CENTER
    ————————————
    GetFocusedObject():
    GetGazePoint().Screen: (985.4, 539.5)
    GetGazePoint().Viewport: (0.5, 0.5)

The funny thing is we have another game with the same code structure and it seems work perfectly in this PC. Any idea what could be failing?

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

What it does internally is a bunch of raycasts with scoring.

It could be that you use multiple cameras and don’t call https://tobii.github.io/UnitySDK/scripting-api#tobiiapisetcurrentuserviewpointcamera

Otherwise I would suggest to add more logging inside GazeFocus.cs and MultiRaycastHistoricHitScore.cs

Please let me know if it resolved the problem 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.