ue4 with Vive pro

Home Forums XR Discussions ue4 with Vive pro

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Algerd
    Participant

Hello , in the description of SDK for Unreal plugin i found “The Tobii XR SDK for Unreal does not currently support the Vive Pro Eye” and the question is where you plan to release version with Vive pro support ? And another question is now the only way how i can get data from Vive pro eye is to create connection layer between your SDK with ue4 system ?

Dennis
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are working on adding support for the VIVE Pro Eye for Unreal Engine in the future. Unfortunately we have no time estimate for when this will be released.

You can access eye tracking data from the VIVE Pro Eye using HTC’s Vive Sense SDK.

/Dennis

MARC FLETCHER
    Participant

Is there any update on a timeline for the Vive Pro Eye and Unreal?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @marcf, thanks for your patience. I am afraid for the time being, we cannot provide a definite timeline for support of Vive Eye Pro with Unreal. We hope to have more concrete news soon, so please check back with us regularly.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Sebastian
    Participant

Dear Tobii-Team

We are two PhD Students at the University of Bern. In our department we want to examine eye-tracking data within VR. As we bought the new HTC Vive Pro, we expected it would work as shown in previews. Why is it not possible to work in the Unreal Engine and the Vive Pro Eye.

The demo (with darts board and avatar) is proof, that the eye-tracking data is somewhere available, but there is no function ready to use.

When do you think you will fix your product?

best reg

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @angryphd and thanks for your query. Whilst the Unreal Engine is not currently supported, you can still develop immersive virtual reality applications with eye tracking using our XR SDK built upon the Unity Engine.

To get started using with our Unity API under the Vive Eye Pro, please check out our getting started tutorial @ https://vr.tobii.com/sdk/develop/unity/getting-started/vive-pro-eye/

Hopefully, this can suit your project requirements. Please do let us know if we can provide additional support.

Samuel
    Participant

Hello,

I wanted to know if there was any progress in Unreal Engine 4’s support since last post or at least any planned date for it.

I am currently working on a UE4 project with a HTC vive pro eye and was wondering if I could use the eye tracking in order to improve the user experience.

Best regards

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @sforget and thanks for your query. I am afraid that for the time being, We have decided not to prioritise development of the Unreal Engine with the HTC Vive Pro Eye and so accordingly we recommended clients use the Unity Bindings as found in the XR SDK.

Apologies for the disappointing news and thanks for your understanding.

bm2023
    Participant

Hello from 2021, is there any update regards the tobii xr sdk support for htc vive pro eye in unreal engine?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @bipul-mohanto, I’m afriad Unreal development has halted so we now recommnend using unity bindings, apologies for any inconvenience.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.