vjoy and infinitescreen software problems

Home Forums Game Integration vjoy and infinitescreen software problems

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Ian Wells
    Participant

I am also experiencing problems with EyeX InfiniteScreen, Elite Dangerous and the X52Pro.

For me there does seem to be a connection between ISE / vJoy / E:D as I do get screen movement when I move my gave, however the view swings wildly left and right, up and down with just small eye movements, which very quickly induces nausea.

The wierd thing is – straight out of the box everything seemed to work fine, but then next day after no other changes than shutting the computer down one day and then restarting it the next.

Jeremy Jacobson
    Participant

You lucky, you had yours installed and working correctly. You just needed to go into EIS and changed the ratio of movement.

But you fell victim to the driver conflict on boot that I have seen others mention. You simple have to remove your drivers again.. unplug the x52 and reinstall drivers. Plug in the x52 and good to go.
    *cross fingers*

At least that is what I have seen people mention. The whole issue seems to revolve around which Controller is considered the primary control. Even though you select favored controller the game doesn’t seem to utilize it. It goes with what ever control was the 1st installed.

Ian Wells
    Participant

Not _quite_ so lucky, but further than some other posters have got 😉

With further investigation, I was suffering from at least two different issues.

One is the windows 10 X52Pro drivers. to get the X52Pro recognised as a HID device, I need to reinstall the drivers after every reboot, or if I inadvertantly use a different USB port.

The other, currently unsolved, issue is with EyeX / ISE / vJoy calibration.
    In E:D I now have up/down headtracking working properly, but not left/right tracking.
    vJoy monitor shows steady movement with my gaze on up/down bar, but the left/right bar remains at zero no matter where my gaze is.

It seems like either ISE is not passing the correct values to vJoy, or that the vJoy calibration is incorrectly interpretting the values that are being passed to it.

I have logged a case with Tobii support, and look forward to working with them to get the issue diagnosed and resolved.

Jeremy Jacobson
    Participant

You have all the same issues I have but have made more progress fixing your issues then I have, I still have NO vjoy monitor changes when scanning. I am currently writing a ticket request now….

At one point (couple times actually) I had my pilot in game fling his gaze to the bottom left each time I went into cockpit (which makes me think it was finally connecting but giving bad values)

At one point (couple times actually) I had my pilot in game fling his gaze to the bottom left each time I went into cockpit (which makes me think it was finally connecting but giving bad values)

Well, at least it seems like ISE has written the correct settings to the binds-file. When the view is at the bottom left then that means that vjoy has both it’s axis set to zero which in turn usually indicates a “broken” vJoy (most likely compatibility issues with another HID).

Do you get any error messages if you start “Joy Configuration” or “vJoy Feeder”? (Make sure to quit ISE first)

Jeremy Jacobson
    Participant

No Error messages at all pop up from vjoy in feeder or configuration. I have started getting in ISE a message telling me “Error: invalid url: the url is empty”.

After shutting down ISE and EyeX, I reset all in vjoy configuration. That of course closed the vjoy 1 device and restarted it. When I then started up eyeX and ISE, ISE closed the vjoy 1 device again and reopened it.

Not one error message popped up any where.

just checked monitor, 3 red bars in x,y,z but no movement on scan.

loading up elite dangerous…

and it is working. (was writing this as I was trouble shooting)

Go figure, I have done these steps many many times. I will keep this feed and post again after several reboots and play time that it is still working.

Jeremy Jacobson
    Participant

And on computer reboot it has broken my x52 drivers and the eyeX is refusing to work with vjoy again.

Since saitek drivers do not break vjoy and vjoy doesn’t break any other hardware on the computer only tobiis IES breaks vjoy and saitek, seems to me this is tobiis problem to fix and not anyones elses.

AND, no error messages.. just not working.

And on computer reboot it has broken my x52 drivers and the eyeX is refusing to work with vjoy again.

Since saitek drivers do not break vjoy and vjoy doesn’t break any other hardware on the computer only tobiis IES breaks vjoy and saitek, seems to me this is tobiis problem to fix and not anyones elses.

The Infinite Screen Extension application itself will most certainly not break your Saitek X52 drivers (or any other drivers for that matter), that much I can promise you. There are however definitely some issues with the vJoy drivers and other HID-drivers, especially if you originally installed the X52-drivers on Windows 7 or 8 and then upgraded to Windows 10. That does NOT mean we’re trying to absolve ourselves from any responsibility. We’re working hard at resolving the issues reported by our users since release.

If you haven’t done so already, then please follow this troubleshooting guide:
    http://developer.tobii.com/community/forums/topic/infinite-screen-extension-step-by-step-troubleshooting/.

Jeremy Jacobson
    Participant

I didn’t purchase or install my x52 until after my windows 10 upgrade.

The eyex is wonderful equipment when it’s working. Takes getting used to the screen moving even when you don’t want it to, looking at Huds, etc.

I am consistently able to get it working now. But each time I reboot the computer it doesn’t work unless the vjoy controller is the first listed device in joy.cpl. it also requires me to remove my Saitek drivers each boot, close down ISE, reinstall ISE each boot. Play the vjoy reset all each boot. Then reinstall the Saitek drivers each boot. It is allot of steps each time my computer gets shut down but at least everything is working from that point. . Each boot.

I am looking forward to tobii being able to kick vjoy and utillize it’s own feeder and virtual input software, someday.

I am looking forward to tobii being able to kick vjoy and utillize it’s own feeder and virtual input software, someday.

You and me both.
    (Don’t get me wrong though, I think vJoy is an awesome tool supported by a very dedicated developer.)

Joseph Williams
    Participant

You and me both.

Any ETA on that? Cause trying to get this setup feels like a sloppy hack.

Zplintz Zee
    Participant

My problem is similar but not exactly the same as those above.

I was having issues and wondered if previous installations of vjoy and/or other controllers might be an issue so I un-installed all of them, every controller, every controller driver + vjoy and ujr. Rebooted and installed only eyex software.

All seemed to be working (I am following my typing on screen with the Gaze Trace turned on and it is working with this respect.

vjoy installed correctly (so it said) during the ISE installtion and it shows as a controller in Windows. I am not saying this isn’t a vjoy problem but I am not seeing any errors regarding it during installation or afterwards.

However if I click on the ISE link from settings I get the could not initialise ISE every time.

During the many attempts to uninstall and reinstall I even tried older versions of vj.

Nothing I have tried over the last 5 hours is working. I am finding this very frustrating. If I cannot get this resolved I will want to return the device (which would be a shame as I have very much been looking forward to replacing my head tracking device with the EyeX).

Are you any closer to providing your own interface?

Do you need experienced software alpha/beta testers?

Regards,
    Zplintz

vjoy installed correctly (so it said) during the ISE installtion and it shows as a controller in Windows. I am not saying this isn’t a vjoy problem but I am not seeing any errors regarding it during installation or afterwards.

However if I click on the ISE link from settings I get the could not initialise ISE every time.

Take a look at the latest log file located under:
    %programdata%\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen\Logs\

Scroll down to the bottom of the file, copy/paste the latest error message here and hopefully I can figure out exactly what the problem is.

Are you any closer to providing your own interface?

The problem is not that we don’t have our own “interface” (we have several SDKs) but rather that it’s not supported by ED. What we can do for games like this is to use interfaces already implemented by the game, such as head tracking interfaces and joysticks (e.g. FreeTrack and VJoy), and supply then with input data translated from eye tracking data and then to bind that to an interaction in the game. This is exactly what ISE does. ISE is a tool for enabling what we call “Infinite Screen” (various ways of controlling the camera view) in games that doesn’t support eye tracking natively.

Do you need experienced software alpha/beta testers?

I’ll let you know if we do :).

Zplintz Zee
    Participant

Re: The interface.
    I was referring to vjoy (good though it is and used by UJR to combine my CH Products pedals 3 axis into 2 axis + combine with my x52 pro into a single device).

Have you spoken to Frontier directly about Elite Dangerous (and even their soon to be alpha, Planet Coaster) – they are a proactive and friendly bunch and the EyeX does seem almost designed for EliteD?

Last 3 error messsages copied here…

2016-03-15 19:50:25,846 [1] INFO Version:1.1.1.379 Tobii.Oem.Gaming.Common.ProcessMonitorIpc –
    Process monitor started.

2016-03-15 19:50:26,185 [1] ERROR Version:1.1.1.379 Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException –
    An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor ‘Void .ctor(System.Func`
    2[Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.AbsoluteHidMapperSettings,Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.VJoyAbsoluteHidMapper], Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.ISettingsSerializer, Tobii.Oem.Gaming.Common.IProcessEventSource, Tobii.Oem.Gaming.Common.Statistics.IUsageStatisticsRecorder)’ on type ‘EuroTruckSimulator2’. —> An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor ‘Void .ctor()’ on type ‘VJoy’. —> Unable to acquire VJoyDevice. (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.)

2016-03-15 19:50:26,186 [1] ERROR Version:1.1.1.379 Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Gui.App –

Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor ‘Void .ctor(System.Func`2[Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.AbsoluteHidMapperSettings,Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.VJoyAbsoluteHidMapper], Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.ISettingsSerializer, Tobii.Oem.Gaming.Common.IProcessEventSource, Tobii.Oem.Gaming.Common.Statistics.IUsageStatisticsRecorder)’ on type ‘EuroTruckSimulator2’. —> An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor ‘Void .ctor()’ on type ‘VJoy’. —> Unable to acquire VJoyDevice. (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.) —> Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor ‘Void .ctor()’ on type ‘VJoy’. —> Unable to acquire VJoyDevice. (See inner exception for details.) —> System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to acquire VJoyDevice.
    at Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.Utils.InfiniteScreenVJoyUtility.AcquireDeviceNumber()
    at Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.Hid.VJoy..ctor()
    at lambda_method(Closure , Object[] )
    at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate()
    — End of inner exception stack trace —
    at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.<Execute>b__0()
    at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func`1 creator)
    at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute()
    at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.AutowiringParameter.<>c__DisplayClass2.<CanSupplyValue>b__0()
    at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    at lambda_method(Closure , AbsoluteHidMapperSettings )
    at Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.SupportedApplications.EuroTruckSimulator2..ctor(Func`2 hidMapperFactory, ISettingsSerializer settingsSerializer, IProcessEventSource processEventSource, IUsageStatisticsRecorder usageStatisticsRecorder)
    at lambda_method(Closure , Object[] )
    — End of inner exception stack trace —
    at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.<Execute>b__0()
    at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func`1 creator)
    at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    at Autofac.Core.Container.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    at Autofac.ContainerBuilder.StartStartableComponents(IComponentContext componentContext)
    at Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build(ContainerBuildOptions options)
    at Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Gui.AutofacBootstrapper`1.Configure()
    at Caliburn.Micro.BootstrapperBase.StartRuntime()
    at Caliburn.Micro.BootstrapperBase.Start()
    at Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Gui.CaliburnBootstrapper..ctor()
    at Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Gui.App.Main()

Try following the steps described in this post.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.