HP Reverb G2 Omnicept Edition Development Guide
This page will give you a step-by-step walkthrough on how to set up your HP Reverb G2 Omnicept and how to get started with the Tobii XR SDK.
At the end of this guide, you will be able to highlight game objects by looking at them.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Set up your headset
Follow the setup guide for your headset.
Step 2: Calibrate for your eyes
Make sure to calibrate the eye tracking using the built-in calibration.
Step 3: Set up VR support
- Set the Target Platform to PC, Mac & Linux Standalone, found in the Build Settings.
The Tobii XR SDK only supports the PC Standalone target for Mixed Reality headsets.
- Install the XR Plugin Management which can be found in the Project Settings tab.
- Enable Windows Mixed Reality in the XR Plugin Management
If you are using Unity 2020.2 or later, you can also choose to install and enable the OpenXR provider.
Step 4: Import the Tobii XR SDK
Download the Tobii XR SDK for Unity and unzip the package
Open the Package Manager
- Click “Add package from disk…”
- Select the package.json file from the download location
- Import the Getting Started sample
Step 5: Run the scene
Run the Example_GettingStarted scene found under the Samples folder
If you want to build your solution, make sure to build it for 64 bit.
To read more about the contents of the Example_GettingStarted scene, visit the example page.
Congratulations! You’re now up and running with the Tobii XR SDK for Unity and can start developing with eye tracking in VR.
- Check out our Explore section for demos and prototypes.
- Check out the Documentation page, or try out our Unity Samples.
- Read more about designing for eye tracking in our Learn section.